Wearing your hair down on your wedding day is as popular as going for a bridal up-do and it is just as elegant and glam, but don’t be fooled into thinking that having your hair down requires less effort!
Unless you have naturally perfect beach waves already you’ll require a little help from your hairdresser to keep your long locks full of life and in place all day, especially if you’re getting married abroad.
With the possibility of a beachside breeze, hot and humid temperatures and unsightly sweat to deal with, wearing your hair down can bring with it some challenges, so take your time to decide on the right big day hairstyle for you. Take a look at these luscious bridal looks for inspiration and take note of some top tips on how to wear your hair down for your destination wedding….
- Keep it casual – go for a relaxed and natural look rather than fixed curls, allowing movement to your style if there is a breeze.
- If you have naturally pin straight hair then it might be best to embrace your sleek style, as loose curls will wilt quickly in the heat.
- Products are a bride’s best friend when it comes to any wedding day hairdo. Serums will keep you frizz-free, sea salt spray will add texture to a natural curl and good old hairspray will give everything a firm fix – for a while anyway!
- If you want boho beach waves, discuss this with your hair stylist before you leave home. A good hairdresser will be able to cut layers into naturally wavy hair that will help to accentuate the curves.
- If you like the idea of having your hair off your face on your wedding day, consider opting for a half up/half down look to keep the majority of your mane securely fastened.
- A long veil looks stunning with locks hanging loose, or rock a statement headband or headpiece to add some glamour.
- Keep an open mind! See what the weather is like when you arrive at your wedding location and if you have any concerns about it being too windy for the hair down style that you have your heart set on, speak to your hair stylist and discuss options and updo’s as an alternative. The main thing is being comfortable and happy on your special day.
Will your bridal barnet be an up or a down do? Do long elegant curls make you smile or are you more of a boho beach wave kinda bride?
If boho is what you’re looking for take a look at these boho bride hairstyle suggestions, or get some elegant inspiration from these bridal ballerina bun ideas, or how about these ethereal braided hairstyles?